In all that we do, we strive to worship and glorify our amazing God. He, though we posed no benefit to Him, loved us despite our brokenness. He sent His Son to die on the cross so that we might be forgiven. One way that we at University lift high the name of Jesus is through corporate singing. The U Worship Collective is a family of musicians from across San Antonio that come together each and every Sunday morning to worship God in a modern style alongside our church family. We strive to utilize recent music and changing technology to glorify God in a culturally relevant way.
The U Worship Collective
Every musician and vocalist that serves on the team is a worship leader! Whether by singing or playing an instrument, every member of the collective leads our church family in worship of our mighty God. He has given each of us talents, skills and passions. We owe it to God to pursue those passions intentionally and to glorify Him first and foremost with what He has given us.
Sing to Him a new song; play skillfully, and shout for joy.
- Psalm 33:3
We often play new songs or sing traditional hymns in a modern way. Additionally, there are expectations that members of the collective should adhere to:
- Pursue God and your spiritual walk with intentionality and passion.
- Love and maintain positive relationships with members of our church family.
- Attend rehearsals on scheduled Tuesdays at 6:30pm.
- Learn and prepare all songs prior to Tuesday rehearsals.
- Be at church on scheduled Sundays from 7:30am through the end of the second service (normally around 12:15pm).
- Continuously develop musicianship and pursue your ability to serve the song rather than individual instrumental and vocal skills.
If you are interested in auditioning for The U Worship Collective, record and send a video of you worshiping vocally/on your instrument(s) of choice to Matt Adler.
Student Worship Band