Winter Retreat 2017 is fast approaching! See below for all necessary information for participants of Winter Retreat.
We are greatly looking forward to the weekend and are excited to see how God will work during our time together at Camp Zephyr in Sandia, TX. Winter Retreat is designed to encourage students to go from knowing Jesus to following Jesus: something that we all have a choice in doing. We will be focusing on the truth that we will become whatever we behold. If we behold Jesus, we can become like Him. Our focus verse will be Psalm 27:8 and our theme this year is “Behold to Become”. Students will have the opportunity to learn more about #behold2become and beholding Jesus through teaching from our speaker Nathan Elliot from Wilmore, KY, through worship lead by the Paul Trejo Band, through spoken word by Lo Alaman, and small group discussions with students and leaders. We will have times of worship, special breakout sessions, sports, crafts, a high ropes course, and much more.
Cell phones and other electronics are not allowed at Winter Retreat. Please help us with this by making your students leave these at home.
CLICK HERE FOR THE PACKING LIST
CLICK HERE FOR THE MEDICATION FORM
CLICK HERE FOR THE HIGH ROPES COURSE PERMISSION FORM
If your student takes medications we need the medication form filled out and turned in with the medication.
· If a student takes medication, we need to have medication (in the prescription bottle from the pharmacy) along with the above medication form brought to the Student Ministry office sometime during January 9-12. We can take medications Monday – Thursday from 9:00 am – 5:00pm and Wednesday from 9:00am – 8:30pm. If you need a special time to drop off medication, please contact us. We suggest that parents send only the amount of medication that the student needs for the weekend. This will be helpful in keeping up with medication by not having to pick it up when the weekend is over. You can ask your pharmacist for another original bottle. All medications will be secured.
· All participants must have an updated Medical Information Form on file. Please drop a completed form off at the student ministry office or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible.
Below are a few additional items that you need to be aware of:
· Students will meet at the church on the north side in the lobby in front of the gym at staggered times. Please arrive at your designated time, not earlier:
o High school students at 4:45 pm
o Middle school students at 5:15 pm
· All students need to bring dinner to eat while on the bus. Please do not bring anything with peanuts or cooked in peanut oil as we have some students with severe peanut allergies. This means no Chick-Fil-A.
· We will return to the church at 12:30pm on Monday January 16th. Please pick up your student at this time.
· Cell phones and other electronics are not allowed at Winter Retreat. Please help us with this by making your students leave these at home.
· There is a high ropes course available on Saturday and Sunday afternoons. Please fill out the permission form, whether your student plans on doing it or not. This way, students have the ability to make that decision while at Winter Retreat. That can be found at the link above.
Our bus ride will be approximately 2 hours. We will be sitting with our small groups on the bus ride in order to get to know one another and share our sack dinner together.
Cell phones and other electronics are not allowed at Winter Retreat. Please help us with this by making your students leave these at home. These distract from God’s movement during the weekend and therefore should be left at home. Any phones or other electronics that are found with students at Winter Retreat will be taken up until we get home on Monday. If there is an emergency, you will be able to get a hold of your student at any of the numbers below.
We are very excited about Winter Retreat and look forward to what God will be doing in the life of all of our student ministries. Please spend the next week praying that Winter Retreat is a time in which the Holy Spirit moves among all of the students and adults in our ministry, and that we are encouraged to behold Jesus above all things so we can become like Him. Pray that those that don’t know Christ can meet him there and be encouraged along with those that do know Him to follow Him in the power of the Holy Spirit. Please also pray for the health and safety of all participating.
Phone numbers to contact in case of emergency have been emailed to all parents.
Camp Zephyr number: 361-547-2448
Physical address - 151 FM 3162, Sandia, TX 78383
*** In an emergency if you cannot reach us, you can always call the church office as clergy are on-call and can contact us. ***